Monday, January 28, 2013

ASIN:B002LVUHWM:DeLonghi Stainless Steel Burr Coffee Grinder with Grind Selector and Quantity Control


Customer Rating :
Rating: 3.7

List Price : $79.99 Price : $59.95
DeLonghi Stainless Steel Burr Coffee Grinder with Grind Selector and Quantity Control

Product Description

The key to great tasting coffee is freshly ground beans, and you can have this delicious flavor every morning with the DeLonghi Burr Coffee Grinder. The burr grinding wheel creates a uniform texture for consistency and protects the oils for maximum flavor and aroma. Simply select your preferred setting with the grind and cup selector and press the on/off button. When grinding is complete, just remove the ground coffee container and pour directly into your coffee filter. It's that easy. If you want a specific amount of ground coffee, just use the quantity control knob and choose your selection. Cleaning is also a breeze with the convenient integrated brush. No worries about safety either with this grinder, it automatically shuts the unit off if the lid or ground coffee container is not in place. Other highlights include self contained cord storage for clutter free countertops.


  • Produces a uniform ground texture for the most consistent results with the burr grinding wheel
  • Choose the perfect grind setting from course, to medium, to fine
  • Grind 4-12-cup of coffee with quantity control knob; once grinding is complete, it shuts off automatically
  • Easy access to ground coffee with removable, transparent ground coffee container
  • Stylish and durable stainless steel exterior


DeLonghi Stainless Steel Burr Coffee Grinder with Grind Selector and Quantity Control Reviews


DeLonghi Stainless Steel Burr Coffee Grinder with Grind Selector and Quantity Control Reviews


Amazon.com
Customer Reviews
Average Customer Review
14 Reviews
5 star:
 (5)
4 star:
 (5)
3 star:
 (1)
2 star:
 (1)
1 star:
 (2)
 
 
 

19 of 19 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet and perfect grinds, October 2, 2010
By 
JWinPS (Palm Springs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeLonghi Stainless Steel Burr Coffee Grinder with Grind Selector and Quantity Control (Kitchen)
I had a Cuisinart conical burr grinder. MISTAKE. Like others' experiences, mine just quit after a short while. I was hesitant to buy an electric burr grinder after my Cuisinart experience. For a while I ground using a mini food chopper, then got a Mr. Coffee blade grinder. Mr. Coffee had a number of cups and fineness control both of which were essentially useless. Manually grinding and monitoring were more effective. I thought I'd try my luck and look for an electric burr grinder again. I saw the DeLonghi KG89 and decided to take a chance. It is much quieter than the Cuisinart. In fact, quieter than the Mr. Coffee blade grinder. I filled the upper container, set the number of cups and fineness, and started it. It ground the beans perfectly. I measured the output. It was exactly what I would have measured out from ground coffee. Hoping that it lasts longer than the Cuisinart. But, so far, two thumbs up.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Not fine enough for Espresso, October 2, 2011
By 
This review is from: DeLonghi Stainless Steel Burr Coffee Grinder with Grind Selector and Quantity Control (Kitchen)
If you're grinding for a drip coffee system it's probably good, but I bought it to go with an espresso machine and it doesn't grind the coffee nearly as finely as the espresso setting on the free grinders that supermarkets let you use to grind their coffee in the store. Basically the coffee turns out a litte weak, so in total if you're looking to make espresso this grinder decreases the quality of the coffee so it's hard to see how that's a good investment. Despite the commentary I've read about how burr grinder are superior to blade ones, it seems to me that a blade grinder would let me whirl the blades as long as I felt like to get the fineness desired, while this grinder is limited by the distance between the burrs so there's no way to make it more fine. The coffee just falls through the burrs once it's "fine enough". To make matters worse, Amazon.com didn't have it so I bought it through one of their associated sellers and apparently if it's not Amazon.com who sold it you... Read more
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, but it has some major flaws, April 19, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?)
This review is from: DeLonghi Stainless Steel Burr Coffee Grinder with Grind Selector and Quantity Control (Kitchen)
When new this thing works pretty good. The only criticism is that the receptacle for the grounds is very static-y and hard to get all the grounds out of. I finally just gave up and leave a layer of dust in there, and so most of the coffee grounds come out easier. When you pull the receptacle out of the grinder it "poops" some grounds on the counter, EVERY time, so I have got in the habit of picking the whole dang thing up and holding it over the sink when I pull out the grounds.

The grind size selector is very flimsy and often jams. I have to struggle with my large hands to get the little grinder attachment out, clean it, reinstall it (not easy) and then manually adjust it so I don't break the knob (I can feel the linkage inside bending as if it's going to break if I don't). With the delicious, oily French roast I use this thing requires frequent cleaning or it just jams up.

I would rate it 2 start but the good thing is with those simple work-arounds and... Read more
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


Share your thoughts with other customers:
  See all 14 customer reviews...

No comments:

Post a Comment