Last year I purchased a coffee grinder for the first time in my
life. Since that time I cannot imagine going back to drinking, and
purchasing, pre-ground coffee. The difference in the taste is incredible
and if you give it a try, I bet you will feel the same way!
The great thing about finding a good coffee grinder these days is the price point. You can find very inexpensive coffee grinders at very low prices. You can easily find a great one for under $20. The higher prices, fancier ones top out at about $50 a piece. This is completely manageable and a great investment! Gone are the days of the coffee grinders that you have to pump by hand. These days they are fully electric and save a lot of time when thinking of having fresh ground coffee.
One important thing to remember is to not use your grinder for spices. A lot of people will try to use their grinder for spices as well and the result is coffee that tastes like peppercorns, cardamom and star anise. That is not good and will result in a very memorable pot of coffee for all the wrong reasons. I actually have two different grinders, one for coffee and the other for spices. That way I can always grind whatever I'm needing at that moment.
The best part about owning one of these wonderful little machines is the freshness of the coffee. I love to buy a freshly roasted bag of beans and grind them myself. The notable difference it the taste of the coffee is definitely worth spending a bit of money on a simple coffee grinder. Once you start grinding the beans yourself, more than likely you will never go back to purchasing pre-ground coffee.
Another great thing about freshly ground coffee is it is perfect for serving guests and family members. Whenever I have a dinner party I make sure to ground the beans myself and serve the freshest coffee possible. That way the guests are happy and impressed. I often receive rave reviews from friends and family members about my coffee and they always ask to be invited back. Isn't that what every successful host hopes to achieve when hosting a party?
Like I said earlier I cannot imagine going back to the days of drinking coffee before my coffee grinder came into the picture. For just mere dollars you can turn your everyday coffee drinking into a memorable coffee-house experience!
The great thing about finding a good coffee grinder these days is the price point. You can find very inexpensive coffee grinders at very low prices. You can easily find a great one for under $20. The higher prices, fancier ones top out at about $50 a piece. This is completely manageable and a great investment! Gone are the days of the coffee grinders that you have to pump by hand. These days they are fully electric and save a lot of time when thinking of having fresh ground coffee.
One important thing to remember is to not use your grinder for spices. A lot of people will try to use their grinder for spices as well and the result is coffee that tastes like peppercorns, cardamom and star anise. That is not good and will result in a very memorable pot of coffee for all the wrong reasons. I actually have two different grinders, one for coffee and the other for spices. That way I can always grind whatever I'm needing at that moment.
The best part about owning one of these wonderful little machines is the freshness of the coffee. I love to buy a freshly roasted bag of beans and grind them myself. The notable difference it the taste of the coffee is definitely worth spending a bit of money on a simple coffee grinder. Once you start grinding the beans yourself, more than likely you will never go back to purchasing pre-ground coffee.
Another great thing about freshly ground coffee is it is perfect for serving guests and family members. Whenever I have a dinner party I make sure to ground the beans myself and serve the freshest coffee possible. That way the guests are happy and impressed. I often receive rave reviews from friends and family members about my coffee and they always ask to be invited back. Isn't that what every successful host hopes to achieve when hosting a party?
Like I said earlier I cannot imagine going back to the days of drinking coffee before my coffee grinder came into the picture. For just mere dollars you can turn your everyday coffee drinking into a memorable coffee-house experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment